To become a Member at City on a Hill Church we ask for you to come to a Sunday evening membership class that lasts for about 2 hours. In this class Pastor Joel will go over what is means to be a Member at City on a Hill Church. We offer this class on a bi-monthly schedule. A few requirements to be a Member at City on a Hill Church are as follows:
City on a Hill Church requires the following full endorsement of biblical and historical Christian beliefs as essentials for membership.
- In the authority of scripture that is without error in the original language and sufficient. (Psalm 19:7-11, 2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20-21)
- There is only One God in three persons , consisting of God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ), and God the Holy Spirit. (Deut 6:4; Matt 28:17-20)
- That I am, along with all human beings, by birth and action a condemned sinner, who deserves the penalty for sin, both physical and spiritual death. (Psalm 51:5; Romans 3:23; 5:8; 6:23; Eph 2:1-3)
- Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, is both fully God and fully man and died a horrible death on a cross to pay the penalty for my sins.(Matt 1:20; John 1:29; Romans 5:8; 1 Cor 15:1-4)
- In Jesus alone to save me from my sins and have been baptized to identify with his death, burial and resurrection and to make a public display of my faith in him.(Col 2:12; 1 Peter 3:21)
- Jesus rose again and conquered death, sin and the works of Satan and is sitting at the right hand of God the Father. (Romans 5; 1 Thess 4:14; Mark 16:19)
- The resurrection of the dead; those who trust in Jesus alone for salvation, will rise to life and spend eternity in heaven with God; those who have not trusted in Jesus Christ are still in their sins and face an eternity separated from God in a real place called hell. (1 Thess 4:13-18; Matt 25:46; John 3:15-16; John 4:14; Romans 6:23; 2 Thess 1:5-12)
Read and agree to respect, even if you have some differences in doctrine, the City on a Hill Doctrinal Statement City on a Hill Doctrinal statement
Read and agree to sign the City on a Hill Church Covenant COAH MEMBERSHIP COVENANT
Sign up to be an active participant in an Inward & Outward ministry in the church. You will receive a paper listing ll the ministry opportunities in the church at Membership class.
Step 5 Fill out the Personal Discipleship Making Plan